The international market for dietary supplements is growing rapidly. However, the use of vitamins, minerals and other products as dietary supplements is still controversial, particularly in relation to their safety and efficacy.
Dietary Supplements provides a comprehensive, evidence-based guide to the safety and efficacy of the most commonly used vitamins, minerals and dietary supplements.
- Contains structured monographs on 82 vitamins, minerals and dietary supplements
- Presents the latest research findings on the therapeutic uses of these products
- Covers international legislation
- Reliably informs on efficacy and safety
- Highlights potential interactions with conventional medicines
- All monographs are fully revised and updated in April 2007
Facts about MedicinesComplete Online
MedicinesComplete Online provides online access to some of the world's leading drug and healthcare references including AHFS DI, British National Formulary, BNF for Children, Clarke's Analysis of Drugs and Poisons, Dietary Supplements, Drug Administration via Enteral Feeding Tubes, Handbook on Injectable Drugs, Herbal Medicines, Injectable Drugs Guide, Kucers' the Use of Antibiotics, Martindale, Pediatric Injectable Drugs, Pharmaceutical Excipients, Stability-Indicating HPLC Methods for Drug Analysis, Stockley's Drug Interactions, Stockley's Herbal Medicines Interactions, Stockley's Interaction Alerts, The Merck Index, The Orange Guide: Rules and Guidance for Pharmaceutical Manufacturers and Distributors and NEW: Remington - The Science and Practice of Pharmacy
The integrated search enables you to search across many thousands of drug, poison, excipient, interaction and herbal monographs and brings together a wealth of clinically relevant, unbiased information at your fingertips.
MedicinesComplete Online offers access to evaluated drug information and up to date clinical information meeting the needs of pharmacists, pharmacologists, clinicians, analytical chemists, physicians, nurses, researchers, librarians, pharmaceutical companies and information professionals.
- Combines over 10,000 drug, poison, interaction and herbal monographs
- The latest advice on prescribing, dispending and administering drugs and medicines
- Up-to-date guidance on disease treatments, disease management and therapeutics
- The latest advice on analysing, formulating and preparing drugs, medicines, and many other pharmaceutical products
- combined knowledge of hundreds of leading experts, scientists and researchers
- Over 100,000 references to original research, scientific papers, reports and case studies
- complete international coverage
Network prices are available on demand.
Trial: To register for a free 30-day trial to access all MedicinesComplete Online databases, please send an e-mail to:
Deutscher Apotheker Verlag
Frau Petra Seikowski
Databases + Software
Tel.: +49 (0)711 2582-376
Fax: +49 (0)711 2582-390
You will then receive your password and further instructions.
Deutscher Apotheker Verlag